2021-2022 Bioethics Project Theme: Global Bioethics
Global Bioethics: Small World, Big Challenges
2021 – 2022 Theme
This year’s the Bioethics Project will explore the Global Bioethical Issues by learning from expert guest speakers, engaging in ethical discussions and case analysis, and conducting independent research on the following questions:
- How do various countries and cultures address biomedical issues, including but not limited to euthanasia, biological wills, and end of life?
- Should “standards of care” be universal, or differ depending on the country, the culture and its economic status?
- What is the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on global service organizations?
- What responsibilities, if any, does any one country hold in respect to the global society?
- How should cultural and religious beliefs be factored into decisions that impact a society’s or individual’s health?
- What are the global health issues currently impacting our world? How should they be prioritized?
- Is it ever ethical to administer a medical intervention without the informed consent of its recipients, even if it could potentially save thousands of lives?